The project coordinator will be the person directly responsible for the correct course of action and the quality of project results. Each school coordinator will monitor the progress of the project, he conducted a systematic evaluation of the activities and implemented the lessons learned from monitoring and evaluation. The evaluation process will involve all participants of the project, according to the division of tasks and responsibilities for a particular stage.
The project evaluation will be carried out in stages:
Evaluation before – will begin in September of 2015 years of conducting all partner schools expectations survey participants (teachers and students) to participate in an international cooperation project schools (questionnaire, “What do I expect from participation in the project? …”). Analysis of the results of the questionnaire will be presented to the team of teachers at the first meeting servant managing a project in Poland. On the basis of defined are the specific actions responding to the needs of the participants.
Evaluation during the project – after each international meeting, after holding a workshop at the end of the first and second year of the project, conducted in each school.
Evaluation will be subject to:
1. gain knowledge of the project participants, eg. by:
- A survey of the knowledge of the partner countries conducted among students of all schools in the beginning of the project, and then repeated at the end of implementation;
- Tests the level of knowledge on the topic of the project prepared in the form of quizzes, puzzles themed crossword puzzles, educational games – carried out after a scheduled activity, but not less frequently than once a month;
- The results of thematic competitions provided for in the draft – according to schedule,
2. The increase in language competence, eg. by:
- Sets of exercises to test communication in English – before every trip to the international meeting;
3. the quality of partnership meetings organized eg. by:
- The relationship of students with international meetings in the form of multimedia presentations;
- A written report on the implementation of teacher planned activities -after each journey abroad for two weeks from the date of return;
4. progress in the project and the involvement of partner schools:
- The list of attendance of students in classes, workshops, meetings summarizing the work,
- On-line surveys for all project participants after completion of the various stages of the schedule;
- Number of visits to the website project – monitored every week.
- The number of users on the social networking group Facebook,5.
- The quality of the results:
- Partial oral report of the project prepared by teachers – at the weekly meetings of the Erasmus Team at each school;
- teacher reports on the work and achieve the intended results prepared every six months,
- Individual interviews with project participants, parents, students, teachers;
- The number of people watching the exhibition gallery, participating in organized events and their opinions,
Conclusions resulting from the monitoring and evaluation will be analyzed on an ongoing basis and, if necessary, will be introduced modifications actions.
To evaluate the achievement of the objectives and results of the project coordinator of the school will apply qualitative methods:
1. The in-depth individual interviews:
- With the participants of the international project meetings;
- Student team leaders involved in the preparation of certain products;
- with respective teachers for tasks such as: conducting web site design, maintenance of communication between the project partners, preparing international meetings, organizing workshops, field;
2. “letter to yourself” – written by the students before leaving for a meeting of partner schools;
3. direct communication of participants in the work of international teams challenging the use of the English language;
4. The focus group interviews (focus groups);
- For an opinion on teams of students work methods used, the attractiveness of the workshop, the difficulty of the tasks of astronomy;
- In order to plan measures to publicize the results of the project among the local community;
- To prepare for the international project meetings;
5. The film reports from the classes of design and international meetings
6. analysis of documents – written reports of students and teachers, minutes of meetings;
7. Evaluation of work, photographs, posters, presentations by students, teachers, parents, local community;
8. The interactive group methods (eg. “Review in three words,” “mobile disk”, “applause”).
Evaluation after the completion of the project – will be carried out in June 2017 year in all partner schools – will bring together project participants (questionnaire “Are my expectations come true?”). The results of the final evaluation will allow for a summary of the implementation of the objectives and determine the level of achievement of results, and will serve to initiate new projects.
The quality of the project will ensure:
- Headmasters partner
- Teachers of geography, physics and mathematics, with many years of experience in professional work, teachers, coordinating school (I LO im. M. Kromer in Gorlitz) and Slovenian schools for some years close cooperation with scientific institutions – educational participating in courses and trainings astronomy and science issues;
- English teachers – experienced in working with young people, introducing specialized vocabulary in classes with extended hours of English language teaching,
- Teachers specialists – leading ICT classes,
- Teachers of humanities (eg. Knowledge of the culture, librarians) – responsible for cultural and artistic part of the project;
- Academics and scientific institutions – research which will be conducted themed activities.
During the project implementation will be applied quantitative indicators minutes:
- The participation of at least 120 students in 12 classes held throughout the year in each partner school (attendance at classes will be monitored by the attendance list);
- The number of at least 10 students in each class field, observations, exercises
- To carry out at least 2 observations of objects on the celestial sphere in half;
- Distribution by each partner school 500 educational and informational leaflets among the participants of the events organized during the project, the Education Fair (open days), for meetings with students of other schools in the local community;
- The achievement of the students in the group scoring above 60% in the tests containing questions on the topic of the project;
- 70% of students participating in the project confirms the increasing motivation to learn English;
- Defining language skills before and after departure on a scale of 1-6 and raise this percentage in the group of at least 1 degree,
- Every student participating directly in the project will include the execution of at least 1 product (image, multimedia presentation of research results, article, etc.).
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This site reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.